RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING
The responsible party within the terms of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
CONTACT PERSON / DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Data Protection Officer of GWDG - Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
Am Faßberg 11
Your information is used to to
- provide you with information on Euro-Par
- allow your attendance
- use the Event App of Euro-Par 2019
- and to help us understand and improve your experience.
We collect personal data when you voluntarily provide it, such as when you register, contact us, or use certain parts of the Event App.
With the following information, we would like to inform you which personal data we process when you visit this webpage, register for Euro-Par 2019 and use the conference App and how we handle this data. In addition, we will inform you about the legal basis for processing your data and, if processing is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests, also about our legitimate interests.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON DATA PROCESSING
Purpose and Scope Of Processing of Personal Data
We process personal data of visitors of this website only as necessary to provide a functional website as well as our contents and services. The processing of personal data is only carried out regularly with the user's consent.
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These includes our registration and App provider.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure that they
- process personal data only under our instructions;
- assist us in fulfilling our obligations under applicable data protection legislation; and
- safeguard personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
GWDG uses a registration tool and a conference App to provide information about the event from:
Kopernikusstraße 35, 10243 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 30 5557 343 0
EventMobi GmbH is represented by Thorben Grosser
Register Court: Local Court Berlin-Charlottenburg
Register number: HRB 161918
Value added tax ID: DE296918693
Please be aware that you are sending information (including personal data) to the United States where EventMobi's servers are located, if you register and use the conference App.
GWDG further processes your personal data to organise the event and report to the Steering Committee of Euro-Par.
By personal data we mean all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Organising and holding of the current conference your data are used for:
- identifying the participants at our event
- managing access to our event and online services
- allowing users of the App to recognize you as the author of private messages, group discussion posts, and activity feed posts you create;
- letting other participants find you in the app;
- protecting participants, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our event and offerings;
- understanding our participants’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing offers and services and developing new offers and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling participant contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by participants;
- protecting us, our employees and participants, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us; and
- fulfilling our duties to our participants, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
An exception applies in those cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for real reasons and the processing of data is permitted by law. For the processing of personal data we request the consent of the concerned person in accordance with the regulations of Article 6 paragraph 1a EU-GDPR.
In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the owner of the data is a contractual party, Article 6 paragraph 1b EU-GDPR is binding.This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual activities.
If the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to be fulfilled by our company, Article 6 paragraph 1c EU-GDPR is valid.
In the case that the essential interests of a person are concerned or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 paragraph 1d EU-GDPR is mandatory.
If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, EU-GDPR Article 6 paragraph 1f EU-GDPR is the legal basis for processing.
PROVISION OF THE WEBSITE AND CREATING LOGFILES
Description and Scope of Data Processing
Every time you visit our website, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the requesting server. The following data will be collected in any case:
- Date of access
- Name of the operating system installed on the accessing device
- Name of the browser used
- Source system used for access
- The IP address of the accessing device first, where the last two bytes are masked before the first storage (example: 192.168.xxx.xxx). so, it is not possible to assign the shortened IP address to the calling computer.
Data are also stored in log files of our system. This data are not stored together with other personal data of the user.
GWDG uses a registration tool and a conference App to provide information about the event from EventMobi GmbH.
EventMobi transfers personal data to the United States of America (USA). There is an adequacy decision of the EU Commission which states that personal data may be transferred to the USA if the recipient has joined the "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield". The personal data will therefore only be transferred to recipients in the US who can prove that they have joined the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
The data transfer is made concretely to
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA as provider of the analysis tools Google Analytics
- New Relic, Inc., 188 Spear Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA as provider of the performance monitoring service NewRelic
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA as provider of the professional network LinkedIn
The companies mentioned have joined the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and have subjected themselves to a regulation comparable to the EU data protection level. The transfer of data to these companies is therefore generally permitted. Furthermore, in the case of order processing with these companies, corresponding order processing contracts have been concluded to secure the data and our rights to issue instructions.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Article 6 paragraph 1f EU-GDPR.
Purpose of Data Processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user's computer. For this the IP address of the user must remain stored for the duration of the session.
Data are stored in log files to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data enable us to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
For these purposes, our legitimate interest consists in data processing is in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1f EU-GDPR.
Duration of Storage
Data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected.
In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, data are delited when the respective session has ended.
If data are stored in log files, they are stored routinely for 7 days at the latest. Further storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is not possible.
Possibility of Objection and Alimination
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user. Otherwise you will not be able to use the website.
Place of Data Processing
Your personal data will be processed exclusively in GWDG's - Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen within the Federal Republic of Germany.
We hereby declare that users of this web site may at any time claim their further rights in accordance with the EU-GDPR and the data protection provisions of the Federal Republic of Germany.
You have the right to information about the personal data processed by us to your person.
In the case of a request for information that is not made in writing, we ask for your understanding that we may then require proof from you that you are the person you claim to be.
Furthermore, you have a right to correction or deletion or to restriction of the processing, insofar as you are legally entitled to do so.
Furthermore, you have a right of objection against the processing within the framework of legal requirements. The same applies to a right to data transferability.
In particular, you have a right of objection pursuant to Article 21 paragraph 1 and 2 EU-GDPR against the processing of your data in connection with direct advertising, if this is based on a balance of interests.
To claim your rights, please contact the data protection officer of GWDG.
Right of Appeal
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of personal data.
Responsible is: Die Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen